how to: cannelloni
Impress your dinner guests with this comforting traditional Italian dish. It’s so easy to make!
YOU WILL NEED
• 3 cups (840g) tomato puree (passata)
• 1 cup (250ml) water
• 5 fresh lasagne sheets, cut into 15cm x 12cm rectangles
• ½ cup (15g) finely
• grated parmesan
• ½ cup (50g) grated mozzarella
• basil leaves, to serve
• 2 bunches (1kg) English spinach, trimmed
• 3½ cups (840g)
• fresh ricotta
• 1 cup (35g) finely grated parmesan
• 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
• 1 tablespoon chopped dill
• ½ cup (35g) fresh white breadcrumbs
• sea salt and cracked black pepper
TIPS + TRICKS
+ You can assemble the cannelloni 3–4 hours in advance and refrigerate, uncooked, covered in plastic wrap, until needed. Remove from the fridge and set aside at room temperature for 10 minutes before baking.
+ To prevent your cannelloni from going soggy, it’s important to squeeze all the moisture out of the spinach.