flourless raspberry cloud cake
- 1 carton Flourless Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 185g unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups (720g) fresh ricotta
- ¾ cup (120g) icing sugar, sifted, plus extra to dust
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160C (325F). Lightly grease a 20cm x 30cm slice tin, line with non-stick baking paper and set aside. Following the packet instructions, place the chocolate chunks and butter in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Place the chocolate mixture in a large bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the eggs to the chocolate mixture and, using an electric mixer, whisk on medium speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Pour over the cake mix and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Spoon into the tin, smoothing the top with a palette knife. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until just set and dry to the touch. Set aside to cool completely in the tin.
- To make the ricotta cream, place the ricotta, icing sugar and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Once cool, remove the cake from the tin and cut in half horizontally. Spread half the ricotta cream over one half of the cake. Top with the remaining cake, cream and raspberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Dust with the extra icing sugar to serve. Serves 10–12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.