banana honey pikelets
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus extra, to serve
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 1 egg
- yoghurt and fresh raspberries, to serve
- Place the flour and baking powder in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Place the banana, honey, milk and egg in a separate bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually add the banana mixture to the flour and mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add tablespoonfuls of the batter to the pan and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for a further 1−2 minutes or until light golden.
- Serve with the yoghurt, extra honey and raspberries. Makes 20.
Tip: Place cooked pikelets in zip lock bags and freeze for up to 2 months. Spread with your favourite chocolate, nut or fruit spread.
There are no comments for this entry yet.