pea and ham fritters
- 2 desiree potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (60g) frozen peas, blanched
- 3 slices leg ham, roughly torn
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups baby spinach leaves
- Place the potato in a large saucepan of salted cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10–12 minutes or until tender when tested with a skewer. Drain and roughly mash. Set aside to cool.
- Place the cooled potato, garlic, onion, lemon rind, eggs, peas and ham in a bowl and mix to combine. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the oil and cook ¼ cupfuls (60ml) potato mixture, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Serve with the baby spinach and tomato relish. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.