thai chicken soup
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut milk
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 2 coriander (cilantro) roots, washed and finely chopped
- 1 x 200g chicken breast fillet, trimmed and sliced
- 60g snow peas (mange tout), shredded
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- coriander (cilantro) leaves and extra sliced chilli, to serve
- Place stock, coconut milk, chilli, ginger, lime leaves and coriander root in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add the snow peas and cook for a further minute. Stir though the fish sauce and lime juice. Ladle into bowls and serve with coriander leaves and extra chilli, if desired. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.