zucchini and sweet potato slice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 rashers (140g) bacon, rind removed and chopped
- 300g zucchini, grated
- 250g sweet potato (kumara), peeled and grated
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 cup (150g) self raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic, rosemary and bacon and cook for 4–5 minutes or until lightly golden. Place in a large bowl with the zucchini, sweet potato, parmesan, flour, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre, add the eggs and buttermilk and mix to combine.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 2-litre-capacity loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 1 hour or until golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.