cheat’s lamb meatballs and mash
- 800g Dutch cream (waxy) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1½ cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 large lamb sausages (600g), cases removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- Place the potato in a large saucepan of cold salted water and bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 8–10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and, using a potato masher, mash until smooth. Add the cream, salt and pepper and stir until warmed through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Roll the sausage meat into 12 large balls. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat, add the meatballs and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until well browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato and water and cook for 3 minutes. Return the meatballs to the pan and cook for 6 minutes or until the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Divide the mash between plates, top with the meatballs and drizzle with extra oil to serve. Serves 4.
Try this: We recommend serving this with crispy rosemary. Heat ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add rosemary sprigs and cook for 30 seconds until crisp.
There are no comments for this entry yet.