baked spiced custard
- 1 litre single (pouring) cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks, extra
- ¾ cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- freshly grated nutmeg, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 150ºC (300ºF). Cook the cream in a saucepan over high heat until it is hot but not boiling.
- Place the eggs, extra egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Gradually add the hot cream, whisking well to combine. Pour into a 7 cup-capacity (1.75 litre) ovenproof dish and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place into a deep baking dish and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the dish. Bake for 1 hour or until the custard is just set. Sprinkle with nutmeg to serve. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.