blueberry and coconut scones
- 2 cups (320g) wholemeal self-raising (self-rising) flour, plus extra for dusting
- ⅓ cup (45g) coconut sugar
- 20g cold unsalted butter, chopped
- ⅓ cup (65g) dried blueberries
- ¼ cup (20g) shredded coconut
- 1⅓ cups (330ml) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup (160g) frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the butter and, working quickly, use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the dried blueberries and coconut and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre, add the buttermilk and vanilla, and use a butter knife to gently mix the dough until almost combined.
- Add the frozen blueberries and mix to just combine.
- Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper and lightly dust with extra flour. Turn the dough out onto the tray.
- Using lightly floured hands, bring the dough together and flatten out into a 20cm round.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 8 pieces.
- Cook for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve. Serves 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.