blueberry and lemon curd bread and butter puddings
- 2¼ cups (560ml) single (pouring) cream
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (510g) store-bought lemon curd
- 250g brioche, thinly sliced (see tip)
- 250g blueberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Heat the cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it just comes to the boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually add the cream, whisking until well combined. Set aside.
- Spoon ¼ cup of the lemon curd into each of 6 x 1-cup-capacity (250ml) round baking dishes lined with non-stick baking paper. Divide the brioche between the dishes and pour over the cream mixture. Top with the blueberries and sprinkle with the white sugar.
- Place the dishes on a baking tray and allow to stand for 5–10 minutes. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden and set. Allow to stand for 10 minutes. Makes 6.
tip: You can use any type of bread in this recipe, from simple soft white bread or fruit loaf to panettone or croissants. It’s often better if the bread is a day or two old.
There are no comments for this entry yet.