blueberry and yoghurt loaf
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (140g) Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising (self-rising) flour, sifted
- 125g fresh blueberries, plus extra, to serve
- icing (confectioner’s) sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the butter, sugar, eggs, yoghurt, lemon zest and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the flour and whisk until well combined. Fold through the blueberries and spoon into a lightly greased 22cm x 8cm x 7cm loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Smooth the top with a palette knife and bake for 1 hour–1 hour 10 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow the loaf to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar and top with extra blueberries to serve. Serves 6–8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.