Cacao mousse layer cake
- 1½ cups (195g) plain spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup(180ml) maple syrup
- ½ cup(110g) raw caster (superfine) sugar
- ¾ cup (180ml) Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (160ml) milk
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (40g) raw cacao powder
cacao mousse filling
- 1 avocado
- ⅓ cup (35g) raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
- ¼ cup (60ml)coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Ultra Premium Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the flour, baking powder, maple syrup, sugar, oil, vanilla, milk, eggs and cacao in the bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk on medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth and well combined.
- Divide mixture
evenly between 2 x 20cm round cake tins lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in tins for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- To make the
cacao mousse filling, place the avocado, cacao, maple syrup, coconut cream, oil and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Spooninto a large bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- To serve, place one cake onto a serving plate and spoon over half of the cacao mousse. Place the remaining cake on top and spread with remaining mousse. Chill for 1hour before serving. Serves 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.