choc-hazelnut and banana french toast
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 16 thin baguette slices
- ⅓ cup (110g) chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Place the eggs, cream and sugar in a bowl and whisk until combined. Spreadeach baguette slice with 1 teaspoon of the chocolate-hazelnut spread and top half the slices with banana.
- Sandwich with the remaining baguette slices. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add half the butter.
- Dip half the sandwiches into the egg mixture and cook the sandwiches for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Set aside and keep warm.
- Repeat the dipping and cooking process with remaining sandwiches and butter. Dust with extra icing sugar to serve. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.