chocolate caramel muffins
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (50g) Dutch cocoa, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 1½ cups (265g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup (190g) store-bought thick caramel or dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the flour, cocoa, baking powder and sugar in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the eggs, butter, milk and vanilla and mix until just combined. Stir through the chocolate.
- Divide half the mixture between 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) well-greased muffin tins lined with paper cases.
- Top each with the caramel and top with the remaining mixture. Cook for 22–24 minutes. Allow to cool before serving. Makes 12.
+ These desserts will keep for up to three days in an airtight container.
+ We like to use dulce de leche when using thick caramel in desserts, which is made from cooked condensed milk. Find it at specialty grocery stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.