chocolate easter eggcups
- 125g butter, softened
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups (185g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 100g dark chocolate, melted*
whipped chocolate icing
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 cup (160g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (25g) cocoa powder, sifted
- Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF). To make the whipped chocolate icing, place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8–10 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add icing sugar, vanilla and cocoa and whisk until light and creamy. Set aside.
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Gradually add eggs and beat well. Sift over the flour and cocoa and beat until combined. Fold through the milk and chocolate and spoon into 10 x ⅓ cup-capacity (80ml) ovenproof dishes. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool slightly and top with whipped chocolate icing. Makes 10.
* To melt chocolate, place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth.
There are no comments for this entry yet.