dark chocolate ganache
- 1¾ cups (430ml) single (pouring) cream
- 600g dark (55%) chocolate, grated or finely chopped+
- Place the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot but not boiling++.
- Place the chocolate in a large bowl and add the cream, stirring once to remove any chocolate from the base of the bowl. Allow to stand for 2 minutes.
- Stir the ganache gently until just combined. Makes 2¾ cups
+ You can place roughly broken chocolate in a food processor to finely chop, if you prefer.
++ If you have a sugar thermometer, use it to help you measure the temperature of the cream. Remove the cream from the heat at 85–95°C (185–200°F). It will look as though it’s just beginning to bubble from below. If you accidentally boil the cream, it’s best to start again as this can split the ganache.
so simple and worked brilliantly. Thank you!