double chocolate brownie semifreddo
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks, extra
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) single (pouring) cream
- 250g dark chocolate, melted
- 350g store-bought chocolate brownies, chopped
- Place the eggs, extra yolks, vanilla and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 6–8 minutes or until thick and pale. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold through the egg mixture until well combined. Fold through the chocolate and brownies.
- Pour into a 2 litre-capacity metal tin and freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Makes 2 litres.
PS line the tin otherwise you may have to eat the whole lot out of the tin…
This was SO good and super easy. I made it with half the brownies as that was all I bought and I think that is plenty. Am going to try adding raspberries instead of brownies too.