chocolate hazelnut semifreddo
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk, extra
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup (110g) icing sugar, sifted
- 1⅓ cups (330ml) single (pouring) cream
- ½ cup (70g) roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Line a 21cm x 9cm lightly greased loaf tin with non-stick baking paper. Set aside. To make the chocolate ganache, place the cream and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and set aside for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth and set aside to cool.
- Place the eggs, extra yolk, vanilla and sugar in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 6–8 minutes or until thick and pale. Remove from heat and beat for a further 6–8 minutes or until cool. Whisk the cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the cream through the egg mixture until well combined.
- Pour half the egg mixture into the prepared tin. Spoon over half the ganache and use a palette knife to create swirls. Repeat with the remaining cream mixture and ganache.
- Sprinkle over the hazelnuts and freeze for 4–6 hours or until firm. Slice the semifreddo to serve. Serves 6–8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.