mini white chocolate cakes
with cacao nib crumb
- 1 cup (220g) self-raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 120g melted white chocolate
- ⅓ cup (80ml) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
CACAO NIB CRUMB
- ⅓ cup (75g) coffee sugar+
- ⅓ cup (80g) mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (40g) cacao nibs++
- Preheat oven to 160°C. To make the cacao nib crumb, place the sugar, chocolate chips and cacao nibs in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Place the flour, caster sugar, butter, chocolate, buttermilk and eggs in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Divide the mixture into 6 x ¾-cup-capacity (180ml) well-greased loose-bottomed cake tins. Place on an oven tray and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and quickly sprinkle with the cacao nib mixture and cook for a further 30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Set aside to cool in the tins for 10–15 minutes, or until cool enough to handle, and remove from tins to serve. Serve. Makes 6.
+ Coffee sugar has a large sugar granule and makes the perfect crunchy sweet topping on desserts. Find it in the baking aisle of supermarkets.
++ Find cacao nibs at specialty grocers and health food stores.
There are no comments for this entry yet.