molten dulce de leche lava cakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks, extra
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (450g) store-bought dulce de leche
- ¼ cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- store-bought vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the eggs, extra yolks and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk for 4–5 minutes or until very thick and pale. Add the dulce de leche and whisk on low speed until just combined.
- Add the flour and carefully fold through the mixture. Divide the mixture between 4 x 1-cup-capacity (250ml) metal dariole moulds.
- Place the moulds on a small baking tray and cook for 10–12 minutes or until golden brown but still slightly soft in the middle. Allow to stand in the moulds for 1 minute.
- Using a small knife, carefully loosen the edges of the mould and invert the puddings onto plates. Serve immediately with ice-cream. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.