ricotta and buttermilk ice-cream
- 4 cups (960g) fresh ricotta
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups (200g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- Place the ricotta, vanilla, sugar, buttermilk, lemon rind and juice in a food processor and process until smooth. Pour into a 20cm x 30cm slice tin and freeze for 4–6 hours or until frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to soften for 5–10 minutes. Cut into squares and, in batches, place in a food processor and process until smooth. Return to the tin and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Serve. Makes 1 litre.
There are no comments for this entry yet.