salted chocolate peanut butter cups
- ½ cup (140g) smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted, extra
- black sea salt flakes, to serve
- Place the peanut butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the holes of a 12 x 1-tablespoon-capacity mini muffin tin lined with paper cases. Freeze for 15–20 minutes or until firm.
- While the cups are freezing, place the chocolate in a small bowl, add the extra melted coconut oil and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture over each peanut butter cup, sprinkle with salt and return to the freezer for 10–15 minutes or until firm. Remove from the tin to serve. Makes 12.
TIP: You can use crunchy peanut butter, if you prefer.
So simple and so good! I made it in a rectangle baking tray, which works as well but keep it really straight in the fridge. Keep the finished peanutchocolate treats in a cold place: at room temperature they melt away. Still tasty, but more messy…