sticky ginger puddings
- 1¼ cups (185g) self-raising flour, sifted
- ¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (55g) finely chopped glacé ginger
- 2 tablespoons ginger syrup
- ½ cup (90g) dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the flour, sugar, ground ginger, eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and glacé ginger in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into 3 x 2-cup-capacity (500ml) ovenproof pudding bowls and place on a large baking tray.
- Place the ginger syrup, brown sugar and water in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Gently spoon the syrup over the puddings and cook for 30–35 minutes or until the puddings are cooked when tested with a skewer. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.