vanilla pound cake
with chocolate icing
- 250g butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1⅔ cups (250g) plain flour, sifted
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 2 cups (320g) icing sugar, sifted
- ⅓ cup (35g) cocoa, sifted
- 3½ tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat for 8–10 minutes or until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and beat well to combine.
- Fold through the milk and spoon into a lightly greased 20cm round cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Cook for 55–60 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool in the tin.
- To make the chocolate icing, place the icing sugar, cocoa and water in a bowl and stir until smooth. Spread the cooled cakewith the icing to serve. Serves 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.