broccolini and sausage piadina
- ½ cup (100g) mascarpone
- 2 large flatbreads
- 1 cup (90g) grated provolone
- 4 broccolini, thinly sliced
- 2 pork sausages (250g), skin removed and meat torn
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Spread the mascarpone over half of each flatbread. Top with the provolone, broccolini, sausage, chilli, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Fold to enclose.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook 1 piadina, covered, for 4–5 minutes. Turn and cook, covered, for a further 3–4 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Repeat with remaining oil and piadina. Sprinkle with pepper and extra chilli to serve. Makes 2.
Easy and delicious for a mid week meal, kids enjoyed it and my husband loved it even more!