caramelised lamb racks with silverbeet and artichokes
- 2 x 8-bone racks of lamb, untrimmed+
- 1 cup (250ml) sherry vinegar
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 cup (250ml) dry sherry
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bulb garlic, halved
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 500g small silverbeet (swiss chard) leaves, trimmed
- 6 long stem artichokes, halved
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the lamb in a large, deep-sided roasting tray.
- Place half the vinegar and half the sugar in a bowl and mix to combine. Rub the mixture all over the lamb.
- Add the water, sherry, rosemary, garlic and remaining vinegar to the pan. Rub the remaining sugar over the lamb and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover loosely with aluminium foil and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the lamb is dark golden and crisp.
- Carefully remove the lamb and add the silverbeet and artichokes to the tray.
- Place the lamb on top and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the silverbeet is just wilted and the lamb is cooked to medium rare.
- Slice the lamb into cutlets to serve. Serves 8.
+ We asked our butcher not to trim the ribs of our rack of lamb.
There are no comments for this entry yet.