coriander and chilli crab cakes
- 400g cooked picked crab meat
- 3 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (75g) Japanese mayonnaise, plus extra to serve
- 2 long red chillies, finely chopped, plus extra, thinly sliced, to serve
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander (cilantro) stalks and roots
- 2 cups coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
- 3 cups (210g) panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- micro (baby) purple shiso leaves, to serve
- sea salt flakes, to serve
- Place the crab, onion, mayonnaise, chilli, fish sauce, coriander stalks, roots and leaves, and 1 cup of the breadcrumbs in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Shape 2 tablespoons of the mixture into balls and flatten slightly. Place the remaining breadcrumbs on a tray. Dip the crab cakes in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs to coat. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the crab cakes, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden brown, adding more oil when necessary. Top with the shiso, sea salt flakes and extra chilli, and serve with the extra mayonnaise. Makes 14.
There are no comments for this entry yet.