kale and pecorino pesto
- 200g kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1/2 cup (55g) blanched almonds
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated pecorino, plus extra, to serve
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1¼ cups (310ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Place the kale, anchovy, almonds, cheese, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Gradually add the oil, processing until well combined. Makes 1¾ cups.
Serving suggestion: Toss the pesto through hot spaghetti and serve with extra finely grated pecorino.
There are no comments for this entry yet.