mozzarella, lemon and anchovy flatbreads
- 250g buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 16 white anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper, for sprinkling
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 cups (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (70g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes
- To make the flatbread dough, place the flour, oil, yoghurt, water and salt in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 6 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a large lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until risen.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Preheat 2 large baking trays. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and roll each one out on a sheet of non-stick baking paper into a 25cm round. Top each with the mozzarella, lemon, anchovy and rosemary. Carefully slide the flatbreads onto the hot trays and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil to serve. Makes 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.