with brussels sprouts and pancetta
- 300g small Brussels sprouts
- 200g orecchietti
- 8 slices pancetta
- 30g butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- ⅔ cup (165ml) single (pouring) cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Remove the outer leaves from the sprouts and cut into quarters. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8–10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan to keep warm. While the pasta is cooking, place the pancetta under a preheated hot grill and grill until well browned. Set aside. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter, garlic and oregano to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the sprouts and cook for 3–4 minutes or until just soft. Add the cream, lemon juice and pasta and toss until warmed through. Crumble the pancetta into fine pieces. To serve, divide the pasta between bowls and top with the pancetta crumbs and parmesan. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.