prawn fried rice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- 4 green onions (scallions), finely sliced
- 10 large green (raw) prawns (shrimp), peeled and cleaned
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- soy and chilli sauces, to serve
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add half the sesame oil and half the egg and swirl to coat the pan. Cook for 1 minute or until the egg has set. Remove from pan, set aside and repeat with remaining egg and oil. Heat the frying pan over high heat. Add the vegetable oil, ginger, chilli and onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the prawns and cook for 3 minutes. Add the rice and cook for 2–3 minutes or until warmed through. Place the omelettes on serving plates and spoon over the rice mixture. Drizzle with soy and chilli sauces to serve. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.