apple, honey, pecan and ginger crumbles
- 4 green (Granny Smith) apples (800g), peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup (120g) honey
- 12 gingernut biscuits (165g)
- ¾ cup (105g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ⅓ cup (40g) pecans
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the apple and honey in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Divide the apple mixture between 4 x 1-cup-capacity (250ml) ovenproof ramekins and place on a baking tray.
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Add the flour and pecans and pulse until the pecans are chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl, add the butter and mix to combine.
- Spoon the crumble over the apple mixture and bake for 15–20 minutes or until the apple is bubbling. Top with vanilla ice-cream to serve. Makes 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.