avocado, green bean and quinoa salad
- 1½ cups (300g) white quinoa
- 2½ cups (625ml) water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 300g green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- 1 cup baby (micro) herbs or small flat-leaf parsley leaves
preserved lemon dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- To make the preserved lemon dressing, place the lemon juice, oil, preserved lemon, honey, dill, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the quinoa and water in a saucepan and allow to soak for 15 minutes. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the oil and quinoa and cook, stirring, for 8–10 minutes or until quinoa is light golden and crisp. Divide the quinoa between bowls with the beans, avocado and herbs and serve with the dressing. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.