broccoli and speck pasta with vincotto
- 700g broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 300g speck, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400g truss cherry tomatoes
- 400g pappardelle
- ¼ cup (60ml) vincotto
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the broccoli, chilli, garlic, speck, oil, salt and pepper on a lightly greased large oven tray and toss to combine.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 7–8 minutes or until the broccoli is lightly charred and the speck is crisp. Remove the tomatoes from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
- While the broccoli mixture is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 6–8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving ¼ cup (60ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Return the pasta to the pan and add the vincotto and cooking liquid. Add the broccoli mixture and gently toss to combine. Top with the tomatoes, sprinkle with pepper and drizzle with the extra oil to serve. Serves 4.
Loved it and so did the family.