candied almond ice-creams
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ¾ cup (120g) almonds
- 2½ cups (625ml/440g) store-bought vanilla ice-cream, roughly chopped
- 400g milk chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place the sugar and water in a medium saucepan over low heat and cook until the sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to high, add the almonds and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6–8 minutes or until golden. Pour onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and set aside to cool completely. Roughly chop the candied almonds and set aside.
- Place the ice-cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed until softened. Add ¹⁄³ cup of the chopped candied almond and mix to combine. Spoon into 6 x ¹⁄³-cup-capacity (80ml) popsicle moulds, insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Run the popsicle moulds under hot water for 10 seconds to remove, then place popsicles on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Freeze until needed.
- Place the chocolate and oil in a medium bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside until the mixture cools to room temperature. Working quickly, dip the popsicles in the chocolate mixture and place on the baking tray. Sprinkle immediately with the remaining candied almond. Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve. Makes 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.