caramelised onion and potato stacks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 brown onions, thickly sliced
- 500g sebago (floury) potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup (160ml) chicken stock
- 80g butter, melted
- 8 sprigs thyme
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion slices and cook, in batches, for 3 minutes or until golden. Place an onion slice in the base of 8 x ½-cup capacity (125ml) muffin tins lined with non-stick baking paper. Layer with potato slices and finish with a slice of onion.
- Divide the stock and butter between the stacks and top with a thyme sprig. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 30 minutes or until the onions and potatoes are cooked through and golden. Makes 8.
There are no comments for this entry yet.