char-grilled potato salad
with creamy mustard dressing
- 1.5kg kipfler (waxy) potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 200g tub crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ¼ cup dill sprigs, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Place over high heat, cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Remove the lid and cook for 8–10 minutes or until tender. Drain well and halve lengthways.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue to high heat. Drizzle the potato with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, cut-side down, for 8–10 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Place the crème fraîche, mustard, water, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Place the potato on a serving plate, drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with dill to serve. Serves 4.
This was one of the 3 recipes we used on Christmas Day. I got my 15 year old daughter to do this one. She found it easy and she loved making it especially telling her father how to grill it on the BBQ. It was the family favorite on the day. Will be doing it again. Thank you