cheat’s mushroom lasagne
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400g Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 35g unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3½ cups (875ml) milk
- 2 cups (160g) finely grated pecorino
- 750g store-bought cheese-filled ravioli
- ½ cup (150g) store-bought caramelised onion relish
- 1½ cups (150g) grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook for 7 minutes. Add the thyme, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean and melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk for 1 minute. Gradually add the milk, whisking to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Whisk constantly for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat and whisk in 1 cup of the pecorino.
- Cook the ravioli following packet instructions and drain. Spread ½ cup of the sauce on the base of a 3-litre-capacity ovenproof dish and top with one-third of the ravioli. Top with 1 cup of the sauce, 2 tablespoons of relish and one-third of the mushrooms. Repeat to make 2 more layers.
- Top with mozzarella and remaining pecorino. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Serves 4–6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.