cheat’s spinach, ricotta
and pumpkin lasagna
- 750g store-bought spinach and ricotta ravioli
- 500g frozen spinach, thawed
- 4 cups (440g) grated butternut pumpkin (squash)
- 2 cups (560g) tomato passata (purée)
- ¼ cup chopped basil leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 750g fresh ricotta
- 1 cup (100g) grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- ¼ cup (20g) grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Cook the ravioli in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until half cooked. Drain and layer half the ravioli in the base of a lightly greased 3.5-litre-capacity ovenproof dish. Squeeze the excess liquid from the spinach and spread half over the ravioli. Top with half the ricotta. Combine the pumpkin, tomato, basil, salt and pepper and spread half over the ricotta. Repeat with another layer of pasta, spinach and pumpkin, finishing with a layer of ricotta. Sprinkle with the mozzarella, oregano and parmesan. Cover with non-stick baking paper and aluminium foil and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 35 minutes or until golden. Serves 8–10.
There are no comments for this entry yet.