chicken and herb risoni
- 2½ cups (625ml) chicken stock
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g risoni
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 marinated artichokes, quartered
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra, to serve
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 180g chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup basil leaves, to serve
- Place the stock, tomato, garlic, risoni, salt and pepper in a saucepan over high heat, cover and bring to the boil. Uncover, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, for 8–10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat, add the artichoke, cover and stand for 3–4 minutes. Stir through the parmesan and set aside.
- While the risoni is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 5–6 minutes each sideor until cooked through.
- Place the chopped herbs, vinegar and remaining oil in a bowl and mix to combine. Divide the risoni and chicken between plates and top with the herb sauce, extra parmesan and basil to serve. Serves 4.
donna hay team
Hi Netta, no problem to just leave it out, or you could add baby spinach leaves or blanched asparagus. Enjoy! The DH team
What could i use instead of artichokes?