chilli and ginger pork meatball
banh mi rolls
- 500g pork mince
- ¼ cup (80g) Asian chilli jam
- 1½ tablespoons finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 long white bread rolls, halved
- ⅓ cup (100g) Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced lengthways
- coriander (cilantro) leaves, sliced small red chilli and chopped roasted cashews, to serve
- Place the mince, 2 tablespoons of the chilli jam and ginger in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Heat 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the meatballs, turning, for 5–6 minutes or until golden brown. Add the remaining chilli jam and water, and cook for a further 1–2 minutes or until reduced and the meatballs are cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, place the remaining sesame oil, carrot and vinegar in a small bowl and toss to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes. Spread the rolls with the mayonnaise and divide the cucumber, carrot and meatballs between them. Top with the coriander and chilli, and serve with the cashews. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.