chocolate sponge and coffee cream tiramisu
- 1½ cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream
- ½ cup (80g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- ¾ cup (180ml) espresso, cooled
- 1 x 150g store-bought chocolate sponge cake, cut into 8 rounds
- Dutch cocoa, sifted, for dusting
- Place the cream, sugar and ¼ cup (60ml) of the coffee in a medium bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Place the remaining coffee in a shallow dish. Dip 4 of the sponge rounds into the remaining coffee and place in the bases of 4 x 1½-cup-capacity (375ml) glasses.
- Divide half the cream mixture between the glasses.
- Dip remaining sponge rounds into the coffee and place on top of the cream mixture.
- Spoon over the remaining cream mixture and dust with cocoa to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.