coriander pesto potato salad
- 1kg baby (new) potatoes
- 340g apple cucumbers, peeled, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 6 marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- baby (micro) shiso leaves, to serve
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- ¼ cup (40g) blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted cold water over high heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 18–20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, allow to cool slightly and remove the skins with a small knife. While the potatoes are cooking, make the coriander pesto. Place the coriander, almonds, garlic, parmesan, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process until a smooth paste forms. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the potatoes, cucumber, artichokes, salt and pepper to the pesto and toss to coat. Top with the shiso leaves to serve. Serves 4.
This was a beautiful and easy to make salad. I made it with parsley, in case there were people who didn’t like coriander - it was for Christmas lunch. But I look forward to making with coriander, I’m sure it would taste even more delicious