eggplant ricotta and parmesan bake
- 1 x 450g eggplant (aubergine), thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 250g ricotta
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- ½ cup chopped basil leaves
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan, extra
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F). Place the eggplant and oil in a bowl and toss to combine. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the eggplant, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side or until browned. Set aside.
- Place the ricotta, parmesan, eggs, cream and basil in a bowl and mix well to combine. Layer one third of the eggplant in a 6 cup-capacity (1.5 litre) ovenproof dish. Top with one third of the ricotta mixture. Repeat with remaining ingredients and layers. Sprinkle with the extra parmesan and bake for 35 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve with a crisp salad. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.