harissa beef skewers with tahini slaw
- ½ cup (140g) plain (Greek-style) yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 700g white cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions (scallions), shredded
- 1 cup dill sprigs, chopped
- ⅓ cup (55g) sultanas
- ⅓ cup (50g) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 850g beef rump, trimmed and cut into 1cm-thick slices
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the cabbage, onion, dill, sultanas and pine nuts and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium heat. Place the harissa, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. Thread the meat onto 16 metal skewers and brush with the harissa mixture.
- Cook, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Serve the skewers with the slaw. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.