milk-braised dijon chicken
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 1.6kg chicken, tied
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup (140g) Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1¼ cups (310ml) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 strips lemon rind
- 6 sprigs marjoram
- 4 pickling onions, peeled and halved
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat the oil in a large heavy-based ovenproof saucepan. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook, turning, for 8–10 minutes or until golden.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the mustard, mustard powder, milk and stock in a large jug and whisk to combine. Add the milk, mixture to the pan, and add the fennel seeds, lemon rind and marjoram.
- Place in the oven and cook for 1 hour. Add the onion and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender and golden. Sprinkle with pepper to serve. Serves 4–6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.