pear and blue cheese fritters
- 1 firm brown pear, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 60g firm blue cheese
- ¼ cup (50g) rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggwhites
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Place the pear, onion, chives, cheese, flour, baking powder, eggwhites, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat 1cm oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add tablespoonfuls of the cheese mixture and cook, in batches, or 1–2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Remove from the pan and drain on absorbent paper. Makes 16.
There are no comments for this entry yet.