quinoa-crumbed salmon with glazed carrots
- 2 bunches mixed Dutch carrots, scrubbed and halved
- ¼ cup (60ml) orange juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 4 x 200g skinless salmon fillets
- ¾ cup (125g) cooked black quinoa
(¼ cup (50g) uncooked quinoa will make ¾ cup (125g) cooked quinoa.)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup micro (baby) mixed salad leaves
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the carrot, orange juice, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the honey on a large oven
- tray. Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and set aside.
- Brush the salmon with the remaining honey and press
- into the quinoa to coat. Sprinkle with the paprika. Place the salmon on top of the carrots, drizzle over the oil and cook
- for 7–9 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through. Divide between plates and serve with the salad. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.