roast chicken with marsala,
sage, mushroom and creamy semolina
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch sage, leaves picked
- 4 x 220g chicken breast fillets, skin on
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) almond milk
- ¼ cup (60ml) marsala
- 2½ cups (625ml) milk
- 20g unsalted butter
- ½ cup (80g) semolina
- ½ cup (125ml) single (pouring) cream
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Heat the oil in a heavy-based shallow ovenproof pan over high heat.
- Add the sage and cook for 30 seconds or until crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic and mushroom and cook for 6–7 minutes or until browned. Add the chicken, almond milk and marsala and stir to combine. Bring to the boil, transfer
- to the oven and cook for 12–15 minutes or until cooked through.
- To make the creamy semolina, place the milk and butter in a large saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Gradually whisk in the semolina, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat, add the cream, and whisk to combine.
- Serve the chicken with the creamy semolina and crispy sage. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.