slow-cooked lamb with pistachio honey dressing
- 2kg lamb shoulder, bone in
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup (125ml) red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (45g) brown sugar
- rind of 1 orange
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- ½ cup (175g) honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ cup (70g) sliced pistachios
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the lamb, garlic, vinegar, sugar, orange and cinnamon in a baking tray and cover with aluminium foil. Roast for 2½ hours, remove foil and roast for a further 30 minutes until golden.
- To make the pistachio dressing, place the honey and vinegar in a bowl and mix to combine. Add the pistachio and parsley and stir to combine. Top lamb with the pistachio dressing to serve. Serves 4–6.
This is a sensational recipe. I was a little nervous pouring the dressing over the meat as it tasted very sweet on its own but the result was delicious. Super moist and succulent. I served it with a herby quinoa, fetta and pomegranate salad and roasted pumpkin.